|Points → Import points|
|Introduced in version|
This tool imports 3D points from a point cloud file.
- Invoke the Import Points command several ways:
- Press on the Points Import button in the Points toolbar
- Use the Points → Import points from the Points menu.
- Select the point cloud file
- Press .
- The coordinates of the points should be read from a text file with the extension
- Each line should have a collection of X, Y, Z coordinates separated by a space. The coordinates must use a decimal point, not a decimal comma.
- After importing, your points will be selectable in the 3D view, and they can be snapped to using the Snap Endpoint method from the Draft Workbench.
- The cloud point will be imported as a single cloud object. This is unlike the Draft Point tool which creates individual points.
Sample point cloud file
0 0 0 1.4562 -7.2354 12.2367 5.9423 3.1728 -17.6439