The Dimension Vertical Extent tool adds a linear dimension to a View. The dimension extends from the bottom most point on the selected objects to the top most point. A CosmeticVertex will be placed at each point.
Vertical Extent dimension of BSpline Face
How to use
- Select a View or a collection of Edges in a View.
- Press the Dimension Vertical Extent button
- A dimension will be added to the View. The dimension may be dragged to the desired position.
Dimension objects are vulnerable to "topological naming" issues. See the information in the TechDraw Dimension Length tool for more information.
This object has the same properties as the TechDraw Dimension Length tool. See that tool for details. Exceptions noted.
- DataMeasureType: True - based on 3D geometry or "Projected" - based on the drawing. Not normally manipulated directly by the end user. Not yet implemented for Dimension Vertical Extent.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The Dimension Vertical Extent tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following functions:
selection = [(view1, 'Edge1'), (view1, 'Edge2')] #or  for all
hExtentDim = TechDraw.Dimension.makeExtentDim(selection, VERTICAL)
rc = page.addView(hExtentDim)
- Pages: New Default, New Pick
- Views: New View, New Projection Group, New Section, New Detail, New Annotation, New Draft, New Arch, Spreadsheet
- Clips: Clip, ClipPlus, ClipMinus
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decoration: Hatch Area, Geometric Hatch, New Symbol, New Image, Toggle Frames
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting