The Dimension Vertical tool adds a vertical dimension to a View. The dimension may be between two vertices, the length of one edge or the vertical distance between 2 edges. The distance will initially be the projected distance (ie as shown on the drawing), but this may be changed to the actual 3D distance using the Link Dimension tool.
Length dimension taken from two arbitrary nodes of the view; the distance is measured vertically
How to use
- Select the points or edge which define your measurement.
- Press the Dimension Vertical button
- A dimension will be added to the View. The dimension may be dragged to the desired position.
Dimension objects are vulnerable to "topological naming" issues. See the information in the TechDraw Dimension Length tool for more information.
This object has the same properties as the TechDraw Dimension Length tool. See that tool for details.
See also: TechDraw API and FreeCAD Scripting Basics.
The Dimension Vertical tool can be used in macros and from the Python console by using the following functions:
dim1 = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('TechDraw::DrawViewDimension','Dimension')
dim1.Type = "DistanceX"
rc = page.addView(dim1)
- Pages: New Default, New Pick
- Views: New View, New Projection Group, New Section, New Detail, New Annotation, New Draft, New Arch, Spreadsheet
- Clips: Clip, ClipPlus, ClipMinus
- Dimensions: New Length, New Horizontal, New Vertical, New Radius, New Diameter, New Angle, New Angle3Pt, New Links, New Balloon
- Decoration: Hatch Area, Geometric Hatch, New Symbol, New Image, Toggle Frames
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting