|TechDraw → Add Lines → Add Centerline between 2 Lines|
|Introduced in version|
|TechDraw FaceCenterLine, TechDraw 2PointCenterLine|
The 2LineCenterLine tool adds a center line between two Edges.
Aligned center line between 2 Edges
How to use
- Select 2 Edges in a View. The Edges should be more or less parallel.
- Press the button
- A dialog will open where you can specify attributes of the new center line.
- A center line will be added between the 2 selected Edges.
Note: If the generated center line looks particularly odd, you may need to edit the center line and click the "Flip ends" radio button.
Editing Center Lines
Any of the center line command buttons (, , ) can be used to edit any center line.
- Select a center line.
- Press any center line command button.
- A dialog will open where you can change attributes of the center line.
- Press OK to see your changes.
Cosmetic center lines have no properties of their own, as they are not Document Objects. They do have attributes that can be changed in the center line edit dialog. Not all attributes apply to all center lines.
- Mode (radio buttons):
- Vertical: force center line vertical
- Horizontal: force center line horizontal
- Aligned: follow the general direction of the Edge for 2 Edge center line
- Shift Horiz: move the center line left or right of its normal position
- Shift Vert: move the center line up or down from its normal position
- Rotate: rotate the center line around its center (degrees. + CCW, -CW)
- Extend: make the center line longer by this amount
- Color: color of center line
- Weight: thickness of the center line
- Style: NoLine, Solid, Dash, Dot, DashDot, DashDotDot
- Flip ends: sometimes required to make 2 line center lines behave correctly