|View → Appearance…|
|Ctrl + D|
|Introduced in version|
This tool makes it possible to define the appearance (viewing mode, material and display) of selected objects.
How to use
- Select at least one object.
- In the Model tree or in the 3D view, right-click and select in the contextual menu.
- Define properties; see Options.
- Press .
Launching the tool opens a separate Display properties window.
Sets the draw style. The drop down menu provides 4 choices:
- Flat Lines: faces are shaded and edges are visible.
- Shaded: faces are shaded and edges are hidden.
- Wireframe: only edges are shown, faces are hidden and the model appears completely transparent.
- Points: only vertices are shown.
These can also be set globally from the View → Draw style menu or from the view toolbar, or per object from the View tab.
- A drop down menu lists ready-made materials (default, aluminum, brass, bronze...).
- The button opens a Material properties dialog to edit ambient, diffuse, emissive and specular colors, as well as shininess.
- Color plot: unsupported at this time.
- Shape color: sets the color of faces. Press the button to open a color picker.
- Line color: sets the color of edges. Press the button to open a color picker.
- Point size: sets the vertex size in pixels.
- Line width: sets the edges width in pixels.
- Transparency: sets the transparency of faces, in percentage. 0 is solid (opaque) and 100 is fully transparent.
- Line transparency: unsupported at this time.