This tool makes it possible to define the appearance (viewing mode, material and display) of selected objects.
How to use
- Select at least one object.
- In the Model tree or in the 3D view, right-click and select Appearance in the contextual menu.
- Define properties; see Options.
- Press Close.
Launching the tool opens a separate Display properties window.
Sets the draw style. The drop down menu provides 4 choices:
- Flat Lines: faces are shaded and edges are visible.
- Shaded: faces are shaded and edges are hidden.
- Wireframe: only edges are shown, faces are hidden and the model appears completely transparent.
- Points: only vertices are shown.
These can also be set globally from the View → Draw style menu or from the view toolbar, or per object from the View tab.
- A drop down menu lists ready-made materials (default, aluminum, brass, bronze...).
- The ... button opens a Material properties dialog to edit ambient, diffuse, emissive and specular colors, as well as shininess.
- Color plot: unsupported at this time.
- Shape color: sets the color of faces. Press the button to open a color picker.
- Line color: sets the color of edges. Press the button to open a color picker.
- Point size: sets the vertex size in pixels.
- Line width: sets the edges width in pixels.
- Transparency: sets the transparency of faces, in percentage. 0 is solid (opaque) and 100 is fully transparent.
- Line transparency: unsupported at this time.
- File: New, Open, Close, Close all, Save, Save as, Save a copy, Save all, Revert, Import, Export, Merge project, Project information, Print, Print preview, Export PDF, Recent files, Exit
- Edit: Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Duplicate selection, Refresh, Box selection, Box element selection, Select all, Delete, Placement, Alignment, Toggle Edit mode, Preferences
- View: Create new view, Orthographic view, Perspective view, Fullscreen, Standard views (Fit all, Fit selection, Isometric, Dimetric, Trimetric, Front, Top, Right, Rear, Bottom, Left, Rotate left, Rotate right), Freeze display (Save views, Load views, Freeze view, Clear views), Draw style (As is, Flat lines, Shaded, Wireframe, Points, Hidden line, No shading), Bounding box, Stereo (red/cyan, quad buffer, interleaved rows, interleaved columns, Stereo off, Issue camera position), Zoom (Zoom In, Zoom Out, Box zoom), Document window (Docked, Undocked, Full screen), Toggle axis cross, Clipping plane, Texture mapping, Visibility (Toggle visibility, Show selection, Hide selection, Select visible objects, Toggle all objects, Show all objects, Hide all objects, Toggle selectability, Toggle measurement, Clear measurement), Toggle navigation/edit mode, Appearance, Random color, Workbench, Toolbars (File, Workbench, Macro, View, Structure, Navigation), Panels (Report view, Tree view, Property view, Selection view, Combo view, Python console, DAG view), Tree view actions (Sync view, Sync selection, Sync placement, Pre-selection, Record selection, Single document, Multi document, Collapse/expand, Initiate dragging, Go to selection), Status bar
- Tools: Edit parameters, Save picture, Scene inspector, Dependency graph, Project utility, Measure distance, Text document, View turntable, Units calculator, Customize, Addon manager
- Macro: Macro recording, Stop macro recording, Macros, Execute macro, Debug macro, Stop debugging, Step over, Step into, Toggle breakpoint
- Windows: Next, Previous, Tile, Cascade, Arrange icons, Windows
- Help: Help, FreeCAD Website, Users documentation, Python scripting documentation, Automatic Python modules documentation, FreeCAD forum, FreeCAD FAQ, About FreeCAD, What's This
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting