|Introduced in version|
This is the standard command to export objects inside a FreeCAD document to other file formats. A selection must be made before launching the command.
- Select objects to export, either in the Model tree or in the 3D view using box selection.
- Go to → Export or press the + keyboard shortcut
- Select the file type
- Type a name
- Press the button.
For supported file types, see Import Export.
Options for some file formats can be defined in Edit → Preferences → Import-Export.
Tips and limitations
- When exporting a single part, you should usually select only the last object at the bottom of the Model tree.
- On some Linux systems for packages built independently from the FreeCAD project, it may be necessary to manually type the file extension.
- A mesh object cannot be directly exported to a CAD format (STEP, IGES, BREP). It must be converted to a shape and/or a solid first, see the Import from STL or OBJ tutorial.