Constraint Lock applies Horizontal distance and Vertical distance constraints to selected vertices (points) in the sketch. If a single vertex is selected, the horizontal and vertical distance constraints will refer to the sketch origin point. If two or more points are selected, horizontal and vertical distance constraints will be added for each pair of points. There is no automatic prompt to edit the constraints' values, they must be edited manually.
- Select one or more vertices (points) in the sketch.
- Press the Constrain Lock button.
- To edit the constraints values, double-click on a constraint value in the 3D view, or double-click on the constraint or right-click and select Edit value in the Constraint list in the Tasks tab.
Note: the constraint tool can also be started with no prior selection, but it will then only work on a single vertex, and reference the constraints to the sketch origin point. By default the command will be in continue mode to create new constraints; press the right mouse button or ESC once to quit the command.
- Sketcher geometries: Point, Line by 2 point, Create an arc, Arc, Arc by 3 Point, Create a circle, Circle, Circle by 3 Point, Create a conic, Ellipse by center, Ellipse by 3 points, Arc of ellipse, Arc of hyperbola, Arc of parabola, Create a B-spline, Create B-spline, Create periodic B-pline, Polyline (multiple-point line), Rectangle, Create regular polygon, Triangle, Square, Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon, Octagon, Create Regular Polygon, Slot, Fillet, Trimming, Extend, External Geometry, CarbonCopy, Construction Mode
- Sketcher constraints
- Geometric constraints Coincident, Point On Object, Vertical, Horizontal, Parallel, Perpendicular, Tangent, Equal Length, Symmetric, Constrain Block
- Dimensional constraints Lock, Horizontal Distance, Vertical Distance, Distance, Radius, Internal Angle, Snell's Law, Internal Alignment, Toggle reference/driving constraint,
- Sketcher tools Select solver DOFs, Close Shape, Connect Edges, Select Constraints, Select Origin, Select Vertical Axis, Select Horizontal Axis, Select Redundant Constraints, Select Conflicting Constraints, Select Elements Associated with constraints, Show/Hide internal geometry, Symmetry, Clone, Copy, Move, Rectangular Array, Delete All Geometry, Delete All Constraints
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac, Docker, AppImage; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting