Ship works over Ship entities, that must be created on top of provided geometry. Geometry must be a solid, or set of solids, following criteria must be taken into account:
- All hull geometry must be provided (including symmetric bodies).
- Starboard geometry must be included at negatives y domain.
- Origin (0,0,0) point is the Midship section (Midpoint between after and forward perpendicular) and base line intersection.
Ship sign criteria
Loading Series 60 geometry
In order to help new users Ship includes a geometries examples loader, with the following to choose from:
- Series 60 from Iowa University
- Wigley Canonical Ship
- Series 60 Catamaran
- Wigley Catamaran
Ship Geometries Examples loader icon
Executing the tool (Ship design/Load an example ship geometry) a task dialogue will shown. Select Series 60 from Iowa University and press Accept. Tool loads new document with s60_IowaUniversity geometry.
Warning, before editing anything!
You are now working with the original example file.
To preserve the original unedited example, you must first save it as a new file before editing anything.
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting