|Path → New Operation → Profile|
|Introduced in version|
The Contour tool creates a simple external contour cut of complex 3D Part-based objects. The entire Job Model serves as the input for the Operation--regardless of whether any Body Geometry is selected when the Contour command is invoked. A Start point can be enabled from the Operation editor, using a location defined in the Property view->Start Points.
- Select a face on a Part-based object. Alternatively, also select a starting edge on that face.
- Press the button
- Adjust the desired properties
- The Path Profile object is made to be part of a Path Job. To correctly configure the profiling, a tool table must be present in the project's machine object, and a Tool Change command must be placed before the profile.
- DATAActive: Make False, to prevent operation from generating code
- DATAUse Placements: make True, if using the profile operation placement properties to transform toolpath in post processor
- DATATool Controller: The Tool controller specifies the index of the Tool to use
- DATAStart Depth: Starting Depth of Tool- first cut depth in Z
- DATAFinal Depth: Final Depth of Tool- lowest value in Z
- DATAStep Down: Incremental Step Down of Tool
- DATASafe Height: The above which Rapid motions are allowed.
- DATAClearance Height: The height needed to clear clamps and obstructions
- DATATool Controller: Defines the Tool controller used in the Operation
- DATADirection: Specifies a CW or CCW path for the External contour cut
- DATAUse Start Point: make True, if manually specifying a Start Point, then enter Start Points in the Property data Start Points field
Start Point Properties
- DATAStart Point: The start point of this path
- DATAUse Start Point: make True, if specifying a Start Point
- DATAExtend At Start: extra length of tool path before start of part edge
- DATALeadIn Line Len: length of straight segment of toolpath that comes in at angle to first part edge
End Point Properties
- DATAUse End Point: make True, if specifying an End Point
- DATAExtend At End: extra length of tool path after end of part edge
- DATALeadOut LineLen: length of straight segment of toolpath that comes in at angle to last part edge
- DATAEnd Point: The end point of this path
- DATASide: Side of edge that tool should cut
- DATADirection: The direction that the toolpath should go around the part ClockWise CW or CounterClockWise CCW
- DATAOffsetExtra: Extra value to stay away from final profile- good for roughing toolpath
- DATASegLen: Tesselation value for tool paths made from beziers, bsplines, and ellipses