|Path → New Operation → Profile|
|Introduced in version|
The Contour tool creates a simple external contour cut of complex 3D Part-based objects. The entire Job Model serves as the input for the Operation--regardless of whether any Body Geometry is selected when the Contour command is invoked. A Start point can be enabled from the Operation editor, using a location defined in the Property view->Start Points.
- Select a face on a Part-based object. Alternatively, also select a starting edge on that face.
- Press the button
- Adjust the desired properties
- The Path Profile object is made to be part of a Path Job. To correctly configure the profiling, a tool table must be present in the project's machine object, and a Tool Change command must be placed before the profile.
Note : Not all of these Properties are available in the Task Window Editor. Some are only accessible in the Data tab of the Properties View panel for this Operation.
Note: It is suggested that you do not edit the Placement property of path operations. Rather, move or rotate the Path Job model as needed.
- DATAPlacement: Overall placement[position and rotation] of the object - with respect to the origin (or origin of parent object container)
- DATAAngle: Angle in degrees applied to rotation of the object around Axis property value
- DATAAxis: Axis(one or multiple) around which to rotate the object, set in sub-properties: x, y, z
- DATAX: x axis value
- DATAY: y axis value
- DATAZ: z axis value
- DATAPosition: Position of the object, set in sub-properties: x, y, z - with respect to the origin (or origin of parent object container)
- DATAX: x distance value
- DATAY: y distance value
- DATAZ: z distance value
- DATALabel: User-provided name of the object (UTF-8)
- DATAClearance Height: The height needed to clear clamps and obstructions
- DATAFinal Depth: Final Depth of Tool- lowest value in Z
- DATASafe Height: The above which Rapid motions are allowed.
- DATAStart Depth: Starting Depth of Tool- first cut depth in Z
- DATAStep Down: Incremental Step Down of Tool
- DATAActive: make False, to prevent operation from generating code
- DATAComment: An optional comment for this Operation
- DATAUser Label: User assigned label
- DATATool Controller: Defines the Tool controller used in the Operation
- DATADirection: The direction that the toolpath should go around the part: Clockwise[CW] or Counterclockwise[CCW]
- DATAJoin Type: Controls how tool moves around corners.
- DATAOffsetExtra: Extra value to stay away from final profile- good for roughing toolpath
- DATASide: (Cut Side) Side of edge that tool should cut. This only matters if `Use Compensation` is True(checked).
- DATAUse Compensation: If checked, the Profile Operation is offset by the tool radius. The offset direction is determined by the Cut Side.
- DATAProcess Circles: Check if you want this Profile Operation to also be applied to cylindrical holes, which normally get drilled.
- DATAProcess Holes: Check if this Profile Operation should also process holes in the base geometry. Note that this does not include cylindrical holes.
- DATAProcess Perimeter: Check if this Profile Operation should also process the outside perimeter of the base geometry shapes
- DATAAttempt Inverse Angle: Automatically attempt Inverse Angle if initial rotation is incorrect.
DATAB_Axis Error Override: Visually orient B(y) rotations to model (error in FreeCAD rendering).
- DATAEnable Rotation: Enable rotation to gain access to pockets or areas not normal to Z axis.
- DATAInverse Angle: Inverse the angle of the rotation. Example: change a rotation from -22.5 to 22.5 degrees.
- DATAReverse Direction: Reverse orientation of Operation by 180 degrees.
- DATAStart Point: The start point of this path
- DATAUse Start Point: make True, if manually specifying a Start Point, then enter Start Points in the property data Start Points field
- DATAExtend At Start: extra length of tool path before start of part edge
- DATALeadIn Line Len: length of straight segment of toolpath that comes in at angle to first part edge
- DATAUse End Point: make True, if specifying an End Point
- DATAExtend At End: extra length of tool path after end of part edge
- DATALeadOut LineLen: length of straight segment of toolpath that comes in at angle to last part edge
- DATAEnd Point: The end point of this path
Extras, Not-in-use, or Degraded
- DATAUse Placements: make True, if using the profile operation placement properties to transform toolpath in post processor
- DATASegLen: Tesselation value for tool paths made from beziers, bsplines, and ellipses
Tasks Window Editor Layout
Descriptions for the settings are provided in the Properties list above. This section is simply a layout map of the settings in the window editor for the Operation.
- Add: adds selected element(s) which should be the base(s) for the path(s)
- Delete: delete the selected item(s) in the Base Geometry list
- Clear: clear all items in the Base Geometry list
- DATAStart Depth
- DATAFinal Depth
- DATAStep Down
- DATASafe Height
- DATAClearance Height
- DATATool Controller
- DATACut Side
- DATAExtra Offset
- DATAUse Start Point
- DATAUse Compensation
- DATAProcess Holes
- DATAProcess Circles
- DATAProcess Perimeter