This tool dresses up an existing path to overcut corners on inside angles of a profile or contour operation. A cylindrical cutter cannot cut all the way into an acute corner without colliding with the model. In certain cases, it may be preferable to violate the model and ensure that the material at the corner is removed. This is especially necessary if parts are going to intersect/interlock with each other.
- Select a contour or profile path Path objects
- Click the Dogbone Dress-up or Path → Path Dressup → Dogbone Dress-up
- Side - Which side of the path the modification will be added to.
- Style - Style of overcut (Dogbone, T-Bone Horizontal, T-Bone Vertical, T-Bone Long Edge, T-Bone Short Edge).
- incision - The Algorithm to use calculating the overcut length
- Custom- If Incision is custom, the custom property is used to set the length.
The dogbone dressup needs a straight path segement (G1) before and after the corner where the dressup should be inserted.
- Path Commands: Job, Post Process, Export Template, G-Code Inspector, Simulator, Tool Manager, Complete Loop, Contour, Profile from Face, Profile from Edges, Pocket, Drilling, Engrave, Mill Face, Helix, 3D Pocket
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting