A parametric truncated Part Cone primitive is available in the Part workbench from the Part tool bar, Part menu (primitives sub-menu) and the Create Primitives dialogue.
How to use
In the workbench Part click on the cone icon .
The default values create a truncated parametric cone, defined by radius1, radius2 height and angle, parameters. The default cone will be positioned at origin (point 0,0,0) on creation. The angle parameter permits the creation of a portion of cone (it is set to 360° by default), and the radius 1 and 2 correspond to base and top radius of the truncated cone.
- Radius 1 - radius of the arc or circle defining the lower face
- Radius 2 - radius of the arc or circle defining the upper face
- Height - the height of the Part Cone
- Angle - the number of degrees of the arc or circles defining the upper and lower faces of the truncated cone. The default 360 creates circular faces, a lower value will create a portion of a cone as defined by upper and lower faces each with edges defined by an arc of the number of degrees and two radii.
The image below shows a Part Cone with the parameter "Angle" set to 270 degrees and all other parameters are at their default values.
- Modifying objects: Booleans, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface
- Other tools: Import CAD, Export CAD, Shape from Mesh, Convert to solid, Reverse shapes, Create simple copy, Create transformed copy, Create shape element copy, Refine shape, Check geometry, Measure, Attachment
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting