This tool creates a projection of the selected object (Source) in the 3D view.
- Select an object in the 3D view or in the project tree
- from the Drawing menu, click Project shape
- set the desired options in the Task Dialog
- click OK
A projection object (objectname_proj) will be added to the project. For subsequent projections of the same Source object, the projection object will be named objectname_projXXX, where XXX is a three digit number.
Edit an existing projection
The projection parameters can be edited in the Property editor.
- DataLabel :
- DataPlacement :
- DataDirection : defines the direction of the projection. This is the normal vector of the projection plane. For example, to project the object onto the xy plane, use (0,0,1). To reverse the projection, use negative values.
- DataHCompound :
- DataIso Line HCompound :
- DataIso Line VCompound :
- DataOut Line HCompound :
- DataOut Line VCompound :
- DataRg1 Line HCompound :
- DataRg1 Line VCompound :
- DataRg NLine HCompound :
- DataRg NLine VCompound :
- DataSource : the object being projected
- DataVCompound :
- Tools: Open SVG, New A3 page, View, Annotation, Clip, Open browser, Ortho views, Symbol, Draft Drawing, Spreadsheet view, Save, Project shape
- Installation: Unix, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting