|Arch → Axis|
|Introduced in version|
|Axis System, Arch Grid|
Thetool allows you to places a series of axes in the current document. The distance and the angle between axes is customizable, as well as the numbering style. The axes serve mainly as references to snap objects onto, but can also be used together with , and can also be referenced by other Arch objects to create parametric arrays, for example of beams or columns. can also be used in places of axes.
Two axes objects positioned perpendicularly to each other to create a grid
- Press the button, or press then keys.
- Move/rotate the axes system to the desired position.
- Enter edit mode by double-clicking the axes system in the tree view to adjust its settings like number of axes, distances and angles between axes.
- Each axis in the series has its own distance and angle in relation to the previous axis. This allows to do very complex systems such as non-orthogonal systems, polar systems or any kind of non-uniform system
- Double-clicking the axis in the tree view allows to edit the distances, angles and labels of each axis
- Axes length, size of the bubbles and numbering styles are customizable directly via the axes system's properties
- Each axis can also display a label, also editable via the task panel dialog
- DataLength: The length of the axes
- ViewBubble Size: The size of the axis bubbles
- ViewNumeration style: How the axes are numbered: 1,2,3, A,B,C, etc...
- ViewBubble Position: Where the bubble is placed on the axis: At start point, endpoint, both or none.
- ViewFont Name: A font to draw the bubble number and/or labels
- ViewFont Size: The size of the label text only (bubble text is controlled by the bubble size)
- ViewShow Labels: Turns the display of the label texts on/off
Axes = makeAxis(num=5, size=1000, name="Axes")
- Creates an
Axesobject from the given number (
num) of axes, and
size, the interval between each axis.
import Draft, Arch Axes = Arch.makeAxis(5, 1000) Axes.ViewObject.LineWidth = 3 Axes.ViewObject.BubbleSize = 200 Axes.ViewObject.FontSize = 150 Axes2 = Arch.makeAxis(6, 500) Axes2.ViewObject.LineWidth = 2 Axes2.ViewObject.BubbleSize = 200 Axes2.ViewObject.FontSize = 150 Axes2.ViewObject.NumberingStyle = "A,B,C" FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute() Axes2.Length = 6000 Draft.rotate(Axes2, -90) Draft.move(Axes2, FreeCAD.Vector(-1000, 2500, 0)) FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute()