This tool allows you to edit graphically certain properties of the selected object, such as the vertices of a Wire, or the length and width of a Rectangle, or the radius of a Circle. It does nothing more than enter the object's edit mode, so other ways to enter edit mode (such as double-clicking the object in the Tree view) give the same result.
How to use
- Select a wire, line, rectangle, bspline or circle
- Press the Draft Edit button, or double-click the object in the Tree panel, or use the Std Edit tool.
- Click on a point you wish to move
- Click another point on the 3D view, or type a coordinate
- Press ESC or the Finish button
- The Edit tool only works on one selected object at a time.
- The Edit tool only works on Draft Wires, Rectangles, Circles and Arcs. Other object types must first be converted to Draft objects.
- Click on an edit vertex to move it, click again to release it.
- Press X, Y or Z after a point to constrain the next point on the given axis.
- To enter coordinates manually, simply enter the numbers, then press ENTER between each X, Y and Z component.
- Press CTRL while drawing to force snapping your point to the nearest snap location, independently of the distance.
- Press SHIFT while drawing to constrain your next point horizontally or vertically in relation to the last one.
- Press ESC or the Cancel button or the Draft Edit button again to finish editing.
- Pressing the Add point button allows you to add points to Wires and BSplines by clicking on the segments
- Pressing the Del point button allows you to remove points from Wires and BSplines by clicking on the points to remove
Not available. Each of the above object can be modified by changing its properties directly.