This tool allows you to put selected objects on a svg Drawing sheet. If no sheet exists in the document, a default one will be created. This tool works similarly to the Drawing View tool, but is optimized for Draft objects, and can render flat 2D objects with a face filling. It can also handle a couple of specific Draft objects, such as dimensions and texts, that the Drawing View tool cannot handle.
How to use
- Select the objects you wish to put on a drawing sheet
- Press the Draft Drawing button
- Select objects you want to put on the drawing sheet. The tool will work best with flat 2D objects from the Draft or Sketcher modules.
- If the selected object is an Arch SectionPlane, this tool will create an additional view of that section plane.
- In the same selection, add the page object you want to draw your objects to. If there is no existing page, a new one will be created. If you didn't select a page but there is at least one in the document, the first found one will be used to draw to.
- If you selected an existing sheet, and the objects in the selection that are already on that sheet (for ex. for a "Rectangle" object there is already a "ViewRectangle" object on the sheet), they will be substitued. This allows you to simply select all the objects and send them to an existing page, which will simply be updated.
- DATAFill Style: For closed shapes, allows to specify one of the Default Draft fill styles, or use the shape color.
- DATAFont Size: Allows you to specify the font size of texts and dimensions.
- DATALine Width: Allows you to specify the line width of viewed objects.
The Draft Drawing tool can by used in macros and from the python console by using the following function:
- Adds a view of the given object to the given page.
- Returns the created view object.
obj = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.ActiveObject
page = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.Page