The Roof tool allows you to create a sloped roof from a selected wire. The created roof object is parametric, keeping its relationship with the base object. Please note that this tool is still in development, and might fail with very complex shapes. The principle is that each edge is seen allotting a profile of roof (slope, width, overhang, thickness…).
How to use
- Create a wire with following the conterclockwise direction and select it.
- Press the Arch Roof button, or press R then F keys
- The default roof object could have a strange shape, it's because the tool have not all the needed informations.
- After creating the default roof, double click on the object in the tree view to access and edit all the properties. Angle must be between 0 and 90.
- Each line correspond to a roof pane. So you can set properties you want for each roof pane.
- To help you, you can set Angle or Run to 0 and defined a Relative Id, this make automatic calculs to find the data relative to the relative Id.
- It work like this :
- If Angle = 0 and Run = 0 then profile is identical to the relative profile.
- If Angle = 0 then angle is calculated so that the height is the same one as the relative profile.
- If Run = 0 then Run is calculated so that the height is the same one as the relative profile.
- At the end, set an angle to 90° to make a gable.
- Also you can check this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Urwru71dVk
- DATAAngles: List of the slope angle of the roof pane (an angle for each edge in the wire).
- DATARuns: List of the width of the roof pane (a run for each edge in the wire).
- DATAIdRel: List of relation Id The slope angle of the roof
- DATAThickness: List of thickness of the roof pane. (a thickness for each edge in the wire).
- DATAOverhang: List of the overhang of the roof pane (an overhang for each edge in the wire).
- DATAFace: The face index of the base object to be used #Not really used
The Roof tool can by used in macros and from the python console by using the following function:
- Makes a roof based on a closed wire. You can provide a list of angles, run, idrel, thickness, overhang for each edges in the wire to define the roof shape. The default for angle is 45 and the list is automatically complete to match with number of edges in the wire.
import Arch, Draft
rect = Draft.makeRectangle(30,40)