This tool downgrades selected objects in different ways. If no object is selected, you will be invited to select one.
How to use
- Select one or more objects you want to downgrade
- Press the Draft Downgrade button or press D then N keys
The selected objects are modified/downgraded, according to the following conditions (in order):
- if only one object is selected and it contains more than one face, each face becomes a separate object
- if there are more than one face in the selection, the subsequent objects are subtracted from the first one
- if there is only one face in the selection, it gets converted into a wire
- otherwise all wires found in the selection are exploded into single edges
Downgraded shape, with disconnected and split faces
The Downgrade tool can be used in python scripts and macros by using the following function:
downgrade (objects, [delete], [force])
- Downgrades the given object(s) (can be an object or a list of objects).
- If delete is True, old objects are deleted.
- The force attribute can be used to force a certain way of downgrading. It can be: explode, shapify, subtr, splitFaces, cut2, getWire, splitWires.
- Returns a dictionary containing two lists, a list of new objects and a list of objects to be deleted
selection = FreeCADGui.Selection.getSelection()